Who We Are
Message from the Founder, Emmanuel Addo
I started this organization with the vision to empower our youth and provide a platform for sustainable growth through mentorship and capacity-building initiatives.
Today, I feel immensely proud of what this organization has become and what we have achieved. With our mission to empower our youth to overcome challenges that endanger their growth, we have come a long way since.
I congratulate every member of my team for their untiring dedication and passion. Without them, none of this could have been possible. I want to say to the teeming youth that we are the future and soon the responsibility to lead this world is going to fall on our shoulders.
I wholeheartedly believe in our potential and resolve to lead us into a better future.
Our team & Organizational values
To empower the young generation to overcome ensuing challenges that endanger the emergence of a generation of innovative youth leaders and entrepreneurs across all sectors. We are dedicated to empowering the youth of today to battle the issues of tomorrow. With an emphasis on promoting easy access to insights, information, and expertise on national, and international issues to ensure that our youth is ready to take command when the hour comes. We are committed to providing the youth with leadership-oriented job opportunities and mentorship to mold their minds and enhance their diplomatic, leadership, and entrepreneurial skills. Greater racial and gender inclusivity remains our forefront agenda to achieve the goal of a more just and equal society.
The Young Global Leaders Network exists to provide a platform where youth in leadership, politics and industry/corporate leaders can share innovative ideas and form a common front to champion the course of the youth. The activities of the organisations shall impact the following:
• Creation of avenues that promotes access to information, insights and expertise in the areas that relate to international affairs, politics, youths in leadership, and economic empowerment.
• Promote job creation for the youth population with an emphasis on entrepreneurial development.
• Increase the participation of the youth population in governance.
• Promoting partnership opportunities for the youths from different sectors of the economy.
• Encourage the appreciation of cultural diversities and foster understanding and cooperation between societies.
• Foster an increase in understanding and appreciation of a diplomatic approach to conflicts.
• An agenda to eradicate poverty and extreme hunger
• Help achieve the sustainable development goal
• Promote peace among the youth of Africa especially during election periods and promote human rights
• Contributes with its commitment to the attainment and raising awareness of the UN Sustainable Development Goals through its strategic approach or yearly events
• Women especially black women continue to be under-represented in political leadership and corporate, YGLN seeks to turn the tides believing that we need more women leaders. This gap we seek to bridge through our Women Lead Initiative.
Young Global Leaders Network shall be organizing various programs, and projects with the goal of achieving the following objectives:
• Increase the participation in politics, policy making, and international affairs.
• Analyse the perspective of various stakeholders regarding global issues.
• Promote the exchange of intelligence, research output, and insights regarding politics, entrepreneurship, and international affairs.
• Facilitate the collaboration of experts to brainstorm innovative ideas, and devise changes in policies and legislation.
• Create platforms that enhance the in-depth understanding of the significance and aftermath of various developments in the economy and politics in the national and international scenes.
• Create avenues for the youth to air their opinion, dialogue with stakeholders and make constructive contributions to the national and global issues.
Meet Our dynamic team making it happen
CEO & Founder
Prof. Ransford G.
CEO & Founder
Global Programmes Officer
Head, Business Development & Partnership (UK)
Kenney Isaac Debrah
Head, Programmes (Africa)
Regional Liaison Officer (Africa)
Project Head, Kickstart Innovation Hub (Africa)
Ethel Nanayaa Amoako Baffoe
Social Media Engagement and Publicity Officer
Crystal Enyonam Ahiable
Membership & Participation Officer
Nana Ekua Baffu
Assistant Membership and Participation Officer
Regional Departmental/Unit Leadership
Project Officer (Public Lecture Series & Inter University Debate - Africa)
Project Delivery Officer (Leadership & Nation Building Project & Kickstart Innovation Hub - Africa)
Project Delivery & Operations Officer (Women Lead Initiative - Africa)
Our Country Directors
Country Director, Kenya Chapter
Bwema Matata Bienfait
Country Director, DR Congo Chapter
Country Director, South Sudan Chapter
Country Director, Zimbabwe Chapter
Matilda Asantewaa Sampong
YGLN Acting Country Director, Ghana
Acting Country Director, NIGERIA